Bangkok is amazing so far!!! I am in love with this city!!!!! We got to Bangkok at 12:30am on thursday (it was 82 degrees out... AT NIGHT!!!!!) and our friends Mooque and Toon picked us up from the airport (we would have been soooo lost with out them) and took us to our first hotel called the ibis. It was in a really cool part of Bangkok, near the nana district and got some great street food for only $1!!!!! There are fruit carts everywhere here with the freshest fruit like mangos with sweet rice, and papayas and lychee, and the weird fruit that smells called durian. It smells so bad that hotels dont even allow them!
 |
| Lychee Fruit!!! It looks weird but is soo good! |
 |
| Chang beer is one of my favs so far! |
Dani got a beer from a restaurant on the side of a street at 10am and it was soo good!!! The thai beer tastes just like cheap american beer, I would say it is comparable to a PBR (which I dont hate) or keystone. It is kinda expensive compared to how cheap everything else is but it is worth it on a hot day here! We stayed at the ibis for 2 nights! The first night we went to bed around 3am and the second night we went to bed around 7:30... haha we were still getting used the to time change.
 |
Happy Hour almost all day!!!
|
 |
At happy hour.... at 10am
|
On friday Mooque and Toon took us to get our school uniforms, yes we have school uniforms... a picture will come soon, and our thai phones, if anyone knew about my "pebble" (my replacement phone when I lost my iphone) it is about the same quality haha!! Dani and I would have been soooo lost with out them! They took us to a mall called the MBK and it was HUGE!!!!! It was so intimidating trying to figure out where to go, thank god Mooque and Toon were with us. After they took us to a food court, which is sooo different then the kinds of food courts you would find in america. Dani and I split a curry dish, spring rolls, and 2 bottles of water and it was only $2.20!!!! It was all amazing. After they took us to the Siam Paragon. It has all of the top designers clothes like Channel, D&G, Chole, YSL, Gucci, Cartier, and soo many more.
 |
| Yeah we saw leo... but he was wax |
How we get around is on a sky train called the BTS. It is pretty much like the max in portland only it is up above the city and is way cheaper!!! It is always pretty crowded but it has AC so its a nice break from the hot, humid, outside. Well those were just the first 2 days!!!! We have been so busy, we havnt even had time to get tired!!!!!
Wow, looks amazing! I am so jealous!! Too bad the beer is more expensive than other things, but 75 baht is super cheap for whiskey! :) Keep the posts coming!!
ReplyDeleteEverything seems so exciting there! And cheap haha I am so jealous. Sounds like you're having a blast and loving it already. Keep the blogs coming! Miss you already.
ReplyDeleteLove, Ann
I am soooo glad your posting on your blog!!! I just read through your posts about fruit, shopping, greenish beer etc... hahah and it sounds like your having a great time!!!! I love you sissy!
ReplyDelete